Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meanwhile...




Ahhh....

Done with grad school, hired right after graduation, a regular gaming/modeling night with a good friend... life is good.  As 6th edition has hit, I have to say... I am impressed, however I think that only thing that needs tweaking is how many times you can actually Look Out Sir! in a unit.  Say cap it a 5-8 times from any one damage source... of course placing your models to not shoot at the character will help, but I'm thinking more with character units. But anyway...

My Tyranids are doing fine.  Unfotunately they are not going to have a natualistic color scheme like I thought.  Nope.  Not at all.  Doing test paint schemes for my 'Nids I found myself going with brighter colors and a quicker painting style than I would normally do.  I was trying to force myself to not paint Marines, and finally had a break through and I am happy with the results.

When I had started my 'Nids, I was going for an army that I didn't want to convert.  All the models would be out of the box, assembled, and painted.  Boy, was I wrong about that.  What prompted some of the conversions I was doing was GW's price hike this year.  I want... Hive Guard, Zoans, Lictors, yadda, yadda, BUT I do not feel like paying the amount GW is asking for with these models.  Then I found the Tyranid Warrior chassis and all the great things you can do with it.  Like make Hive Guard, Zoans, and Lictors.

With school getting ready to start, my time (right now) is more focused there.  However in the coming weeks I'll have more posts about my 'Nids... army lists, painting, and converting.  Basically all the things I have been doing over the summer and then some.

It feels good to be back, and I'm looking forward to talking to you.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment