Friday, August 17, 2012

Final 'Nids Color Scheme


Ahhhh, the good old days, anyone else remember GW's red period?

So before I had mentioned that as I was working on my 'Nids color scheme I was leaning more toward brighter colors.  Although after looking at the picture above, sighing, and muttering "Damn, I'm old..." I'm glad I'm not going for something that garish.  However it could be perceived that way as I wanted to do a more natural scheme at first, based off of hornets.  Markings from a mean bug, for mean bugs.  But, I was having a hard time painting my 'Nids at first.  It was a total about face from what I was used to... power armor.  I eventually worked through my painting block, and have a scheme I like and it doesn't take forever (for me at least) to do.  That was the trick for me, how to let go enough to paint the sheer volume of models a 'Nid army can put on the table.  



There you have it.  My red, white, and blue 'Nids with green accents.  Yes, it is a play on words... Hive Fleet 'Merica, the Greatest Devourer of all.  Of course I can always go back and pick out the teeth, etc., and really make these things how I think they should be.  But then again, there's a lot of bugs to paint so maybe not.  I know this is what a lot folks would consider as table-top quality.  That's ok.  The biggest thing that I love about this scheme is seeing it on the table.  Just even the small unit of 'Gants looks good all together like that.

Poor quality picture, I apologize but it's the best I have for now.

This scheme is also translating well to the larger bugs.  At least the process of it is.  The 'Gants were figuring the scheme out, the Tyrant was how to paint a larger bug, and now I have a Trygon ready for the carapace color.  Which so far, is the biggest model I've painted.  So now that is all figured out, it's just time to stock up on some paint and wait for the cold.


My first game of 6th, Tervigons spawned all game... which surprised me as well.


The Relic, this didn't end well for my friend.

More models on the table than my Word Bearers that's for sure.  Again, once they are all painted I can't help but think it will be a very visually striking force on the table.  Is it 'Eavy Metal?  Nope.  That's fine by me.

Chris











No comments:

Post a Comment